Having policies and protocols in place to prevent and eliminate bed bugs in educational facilities is key to protecting students and should be an integral part of your IPM (integrated pest management) program.
This week, our peers on the Facility Masters Listserv shared several excellent resource sites on managing bed bugs:
- NC State University – School IPM for Bed Bugs
- New York City Department of Education – Bed Bug Information Kit for Schools
- EPA – Bed Bug Information
- University of Florida IFAS Extension – IPM for Bed Bugs
- Texas School IPM Guide Documents for Head Lice and Bed Bugs
- Newark Public Schools, NJ – Understanding and Controlling Bed Bugs in Public Schools